Web Developer ANZSCO 261212
Web Developer plans, produces and maintains websites using web programming languages, software applications, technologies and databases together with specifications of user needs. Web Developers often collaborate with other ICT Professionals, including Business Analysts, Web Designers, Network Specialists, and Usability Experts, to ensure the successful execution of web projects.
|Major Group||2 - Professionals|
|Sub-Major Group||26 - ICT Professionals|
|Minor Group||261 - Business and Systems Analysts, and Programmers|
|Unit Group||2612 - Multimedia Specialists and Web Developers|
- Web Programmer
|Weekly Earnings||$1,596 AUD|
|Work full time hours||79%|
|Growth expected in the next 5 years||Very Strong|
|Gender share||17% Female, 83% Male|
|Average full-time||42 Hours|
|Skill level rating||Very High Skill|
|Average Age||Males: 31.1|
|Average Income of Female||$83,969|
|Average income of Male||$69,208|
Required Skill Level for Web Developer Migration
Skill level: 1
Web Developer (ANZSCO 261212) is classified as ANZSCO Skill Level 1, which represents the highest skill level for this occupation. At Skill Level 1, Web Developers possess advanced knowledge and expertise in web development, including programming languages, software applications, technologies, and databases. They have extensive experience in designing, developing, and maintaining sophisticated websites and web applications.
- PROFESSIONAL, SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL SERVICES (61.5%)
- FINANCIAL AND INSURANCE SERVICES(5.5%)
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AND SAFETY (7.3%)
- INFORMATION MEDIA AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS(4.2%)
- OTHER INDUSTRIES (17.9%)
Skill Assessment Authority
ACS(Australian Computer Society)
In Australia, the skill assessment authority for web developers under ANZSCO code 261212 is the Australian Computer Society (ACS). The ACS is the designated authority responsible for assessing the qualifications and skills of ICT occupations, including web developers, on behalf of the Department of Home Affairs.
Skill Priority in 2023
The Skills Priority List (SPL) provides a detailed view of professions that are currently facing a shortage at both the national level and within specific states and territories in Australia. Moreover, the SPL offers valuable information regarding the anticipated demand for different occupations in the coming years.
- S: Shortage
- NS: No Shortage
- M: Metropolitan Shortage
- R: Regional Shortage
Occupation List Information
|Occupation on the Skill list||Occupation not on the Skill List|
|Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List||Labor Market Testing Required for 457 List (LMTL)|
|RSMS Occupations List (RSMSL)||Skilled Occupations List|
|Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)||Meidum and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)|
Potential Visa Pathways for Systems Analyst ANZSCO 261112
|ANZSCO||OCCUPATION||SKILLS ASSESSMENT||189||190||485||491 (STATE)||491 (FAMILY)||186 (DIRECT)||407 (TRAINING)||494 (REGIONAL SPONSORED)||482 (TSS MEDIUM TERM)|
Unit Group: 2612 MULTIMEDIA SPECIALISTS AND WEB DEVELOPERS
Occupations in Unit Group 2612
- Multimedia Specialist 261211
- Web Developer 261212
Unit Group 2612 consists of two ACS ANZSCO occupations: Multimedia Specialist and Web Developer. These roles require individuals with exceptional technical skills, creativity, and attention to detail. They work closely with clients or stakeholders to understand their unique requirements and deliver outstanding products that meet their needs. These professionals excel at creating compelling multimedia content and designing captivating websites, always striving to maintain the highest quality standards.
Tasks to Perform for Systems Analyst
- Designing and developing websites and web applications
- Creating and managing databases for web applications
- Optimizing websites for search engines (SEO) and ensuring responsiveness across different devices
- Collaborating with web designers, content creators, and other stakeholders to meet project requirements
- Testing and debugging websites for functionality and user experience
- Implementing security measures to protect websites from cyber threats
- Updating and maintaining websites to ensure smooth operation and compatibility with the latest web technologies.
|English Language Proficiency Test||Minimum Required Score|
|International English Language Testing System (IELTS)||Minimum Score of 6 (Learning, Reading, Writing), 7 in Speaking and 7 Overall|
|Occupational English Test (OET)||OET result with a Minimum Grade B in all sections|
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)||Minimum Score (Learning: 12, Reading: 13, Writing: 21, Speaking: 23 and Overall 93)|
|Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic||Minimum Score of 50 (Learning, Reading, Writing), 65 in Speaking and 65 Overall|
- Certain states/territories in Australia may have exceptions for graduate requirements.
- Priority Skilled Lists may impose specific requirements in certain states/territories.
- Citizens of the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, the United States, and Ireland are exempted from submitting IELTS or OET scores.
- For licensing or registration purposes, applicants must demonstrate English proficiency at a level that meets the requirement or at a minimum IELTS or equivalent level, whichever is higher.
- Computer Graphics & Animation - (2D Computer graphics, 3D Computer graphics, 2D Animation, 3D Animation)
- Human-Computer Interaction - (Interface Design)
- Image and Media Data Manipulation - (Developing Interactive Media, Multimedia Authoring, Games Design)
- Operating Systems - (E.g. iOS, Android, Linux, Unix)
- Enterprise Architecture – (Enterprise Resource Management, Emerging Technologies)
- Programming - (E.g. Internet Programming, C++, Java, Objective C, AS3, Games Programming)
- Web Systems Design - (Interactive System Design)
- WWW and the Internet - (Web Technologies, Web Engineering, XML and Web Services, Web Authoring, Web Applications Development, Multimedia & the Internet)
- Algorithm Design (Algorithm Development)
- Information Security
- Introduction to ICT - (Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Theory, Introduction to Business Computing, Computer Science I)
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Mobile Devices
- Object Oriented System Design
- Object Oriented Systems Analysis
- Object-oriented Technologies
- Project – (if the project is a Multimedia / Web project)
- Requirements Gathering
- Software Engineering
- Systems Analysis
- Systems Design
- Testing Strategies and Methods
Need assistance with your web development needs? Our team of experts at CDR Report Writer is here to help. Whether you have questions, need advice, or require professional web development services, feel free to Reach Out to Us. Contact our friendly staff today to discuss your requirements and discover how we can bring your web projects to life.
Frequently Asked Questions
Web developers collaborate with clients by actively engaging in communication to understand their specific requirements, objectives, and target audience. They gather feedback, provide progress updates, and seek client approval at various stages of the development process.
Web developers can work both independently and in a team. While some web developers prefer working independently, handling projects from start to finish, many web development projects require collaboration and teamwork.
Web developers can work in a wide range of industries including technology, e-commerce, advertising, media, education, healthcare, finance, entertainment, and many more.